Finding an IPM Practitioner
Tips for Selecting a Pest Professional who Practices IPM
- Educate yourself about IPM; Remember you are seeking a unique and comprehensive treatment of your pest problem through: inspection, identification, & treatment by a pest professional.
- Make phone calls to local pest professionals to see if they practice IPM in the way it is described throughout this website.
- Contact neighboring schools for recommendations of pest control companies they have used successfully and how satisfied they were with the service.
- If a sizable amount of money is involved, feel free to solicit bids from several pest management firms.
- Don’t rush a decision. You are paying for professional knowledge, so look for someone whose judgment you can trust.
- Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the nature of the pest, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- Find out if the pest professional has liability insurance to cover any damage to the school or its furnishings during treatment.
- If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing control, prevention and management are necessary.